Sunday, January 1, 2012

I love sleep friendly airports


I am so tired right now. I'm currently sitting in Frankfurt airport, about 15 minutes away from boarding. Oh, the time on my tablet is telling me that its 2 am in the morning in houghton, that kinda explains my tiredness. I swear yesterday it was Tuesday, I don't even know what day it is anymore, I'm gonna take a stab and say Friday morning.
The landing in Frankfurt was absolutely brutal, the kind that feels like you are running out of petrol so the plane is just chugging its way down, spluterring and dropping metres at a time. When we landed everyone clapped, except me- I was clutching my miraculously empty sick bag and telling myself not to throw up now that we had landed. Also, I don't know if its a panic related thing because it has only ever happened to me once before, when I DID throw up on a descent, but my whole body seized up. My stomach was knotted so tight that I couldn't sit up straight, my hand were spasming and curling in on themselves, my mouth was twisted and taut and my eyelids kept qwivering. It was super weird and unpleasant, if it hadnt happened before I would have Ben totally freaking out. It looks like there a storm a brewing outside and I am so nervous about more turbulence that I really don't want to fly again.
Its bizzare,  they made us go out of the security and through customs and I got my passport stamped (first stamp! America slacked off), but then we just had to come straight back in again. When I went through security I got rubbed down fairly thoroughly and my shoes got scanned separately, then a security guy called me over so he could look through my bag. He confiscated my jar of nutella, which wouldn't have bothered me except then he and the other guard guys laughed at my expense  in german about the nutella  ( from all that I could gather).

No comments:

Post a Comment