Friday, February 17, 2012

Can it be sunday already please?

So, Today is Saturday. Sunday -tomorrow- I move to Melbourne for University. I hate packing. I hate it. Mum keeps telling me I lack executive function which isn’t really helping me feel inspired to sit in a room on my own and try to organise myself. The problem with moving into a college is this: its like a giant school camp. Remember school camp when you wanted to pack heaps of stuff but didn’t want to show up with waaay more stuff than everyone else and get made fun of? This is like that. Everyone will be trying to haul loads of things into our little rooms whilst simultaneously keeping rogue parents under control and judging everyone else on their ability to multi-task.
At least I can relax now that I know what I am going to wear. What you wear on the first day appears not to be of much concern to anyone except myself. It is a huge deal! A great deal of the aforementioned judging will go towards the clothes a person is wearing. It needs to be comfortable, reflect ones personality, be weather appropriate (which is surprisingly difficult in Melbourne), and be conducive to impromptu floor sittings and get to know you games.
All this is just me letting off steam and sneakily procrastinating more packing.
I should go and pack..

No comments:

Post a Comment