Sunday, January 4, 2015

Jenna marbles can drunk apply fake eyelashes better than I can sober.

Ok, so there is something that has really bothered me for awhile, and tonight I decided to try and photograph it out.

Every guy that I ever talk to says that they think women look better without make-up on.

First of all i'd like to start by acknowledging that I will not be addressing the larger issue that is guys assuming make-up is worn by women for the visual pleasure of men. Get me started on that at a later date.

Here is this particular issue I have with the above bolded statement. It's not true! they don't think women look better with no makeup on. They think women look better with jussstt enough makeup that they can't perceive it but it makes our skin lovely and smooth. This profoundly bothers me.
Maybe later i'll talk about the unachievable beauty standards of women, and the fact that we have to make it seem effortless, but for tonight I will leave you with two pictures: The first picture shows how guys want us to look versus the apparent monstrosity that is getting dolled up. The second picture is how I actually look without makeup on. Try and tell me I am hotter in the second picture. I dare you.
And someone please appreciate how well I drew that black line on my face with liquid eyeliner.






































Don't stress, my self esteem hasn't taken a massive hit from these photos, nor do I think I should feel ashamed to leave the house looking like I do in the second picture.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your left eye (with makeup) looks sooo much bigger than your right eye (without makeup) Wow!

    ReplyDelete