Friday, September 16, 2011

Moves like Jagger

I went for a joy ride to The Cathedrals today. This weekend was my assessment bushwalk for tafe and to be perfectly honest I was dreading it. Well, not dreading the walk so much, but the pre-walk assignment and the logistics of packing. I HATE packing for bushwalking. So im all set to go, I’ve had my ankle strapped and Im beginning to be excited about the walk. So the night before the walk (last night) I wake up in the middle of the night with my foot cranking sore. Next morning I get up and go and on the drive there my foot hurt so much that I was crying while I drived. (and yelling and wailing because there was no-one else around so I felt at liberty to do so.) When I got to base I talked to my trainer and he said that I couldn’t go if I couldn’t walk on it and I shouldn’t walk on it without tape because there is too much risk of re-injuring myself and doing more damage. And then he sent me home. HE sent me home. I think I am feeling a teeny tiny bit guilty about not doing the walk because of my grievances towards it previously in the week.  So essentially I just drove a 4 ½ hour round trip to hang out with my TAFE buddies. They’re cool so it was worth it, but I’m bummed I can’t spend the weekend with them.
Also, Listening to the radio for four hours straight makes me realise just how frequently they play ‘moves like Jagger’ by Maroon 5. After the fourth rendition I fear that it has permanently imprinted itself on my brain.
I got my 18 for a year blog final piece printed off. It looks so cool! I am very happy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment