Tuesday, June 19, 2012

5 Weeks of joy ahead.

 So I am two days into holidays and I have discovered a plethora of sad things about not being a college. Here is the thing though, its so negative focussing on what sucks, I would much rather be positive about life.
so yes, the hot water at home does run out, but at least if I have shorter showers then I am being kind to the environment. Yes, I have to take my shoes off at the door, but I dont have to walk up two flights of stairs. Yes, there is no pool table here. No upside about that- I miss the pool table! but despite the inferior plumbing and and more defined concept of inside outside and the lack of pool table, there are so many upsides to being back home.
At home I got to hop into mums bed and get a snuggle before she went to work. I am aware that I am turning twenty and that might seem a tad old to be hopping into parents bed but it is my firm belief that there are two types of people in the world; Those who hop into their parents bed; and those who want to.
yesterday I went to a work related conference with mum and got to pretend that I am a contributing member of the workforce, something that I dearly miss. Today I slept in despite the pizza oven construction noises that are going on outside my window and when I woke up had pancakes and DnMs with Dad.
good start to the holidays! I cant complain so I wont.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you signify 5 weeks of living at home as "Pure Joy" - Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete